Friday, May 6, 2016

Everything is coming up Kaffe Fassett with the Brown Baggers!

Last Sunday I got together with my Brown Bagger quilting friends. I had packed my car the night before and was hoping to get there early. Alas, poor Romeo pooped on the kitchen floor and then walked through it (at 14, he is blind and deaf), so a quick cleaning detour was necessary.

We celebrated birthdays with Joannie C., Lynne, and Valerie.
Joannie requested bright birthday blocks. While, not exclusively Kaffe Fassett, there are definitely some KFC prints in Joannie's blocks.
Lynne, second from left, requested Kaffe Fassett fabrics and provided the contrasting solids. Also seen, from left to right, Terri, Lexine and Emma.
Valerie, on the right, with Terri, also chose Kaffe Fassett prints for her birthday blocks.
Terri, who is a professional long arm quilter, brought in several completed quilts for us. Both quilts were made from birthday blocks of previous years.
This lovely quilt belongs to Marion. She just needs to add the binding and it's finished! This bright quilt is, yes, made of Kaffe Fassett prints.
This lovely quilt belongs to Pat. It is made of Kaffe Fassett shirting prints and shot cottons.
Sally finished this cheerful quilt top. She was inspired by Pat's most recent baby quilt, seen here.
Kaffe Fassett fabrics make for a bright and fabulous baby quilt.
Marion finished the top of this lap quilt. I brought this kit back for her from the Houston Quilt Festival in 2014. This is the only quilt in this blog post not made of Kaffe Fasset prints. These fabrics are from another British designer, Zandra Rhodes. Naturally, I also bought a second kit for myself...
Is there a Kaffe Fassett quilt in your future? To learn about Kaffe Fassett, click here.

Linking up on Tuesday to Free Motion by the River. Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

4 comments:

  1. Yes there is a Kaffee quilt in my future...some day!! LOL! I;m always attracted to quilts with his farics...thus need to start collecting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilts. I have some Kaffe Fassett prints, but I don't see much of the fabric around here.

    ReplyDelete