Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Highlights from my 2016 Berkshires Trip

This was our 17th year for our May quilt retreat in the Berkshires. I think that I have been almost every year. Last year I even made it to the retreat despite having had gall bladder surgery only a few weeks earlier.

As always, we sew, we eat, we shop, then we sew, we eat, and we shop some more. I put bindings on three quilts, made all the blocks for my Valentine's Day Quilt and assembled a small lap quilt top for my friend Julie.
Here is Elvis posing with the quilt I finished for my nephew Sam. This pattern is from the book, Country Girl Modern. I was able to give the quilt to Sam on Sunday night and he really liked it. Coincidentally, I bought the blue background fabric last year at the discount fabric store in Auburn on the way to the Berkshires.
Here are some of my highlights:
We surprised our friends Kim and Karen with some quilty hugs, in memory of their Dad. Happily for us, their Mom, Caroline, also a quilter, joined us for our retreat this year.
Marion (left) and I ran into our friends Joanne (center) and Nancy D. (right) at Appletree Fabrics in Auburn on our way down to the Berkshires. Got to stock up on fabric and projects for our week long retreat!
Had my favorite lunch at Friendly's!
And a hot fudge sundae with chocolate ice cream!
Found a new-to-us quilt store in Williamstown!
Tried our hands at wire-wrapping some pendants.
Caroline surprised us all with hand-made coasters, too pretty to use!
Thanks for visiting! More to come...

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! I love the blue fabric background in the Country Girl Modern quilt, but Elvis doesn't look too pleased. Maybe because it's being given away? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilts. Love the Country Girl Modern quilt, especially your background fabric. Looks like you ladies had a great time as usual.

    ReplyDelete