Wednesday, May 25, 2016

It Takes a Village

Recently, one of my favorite bloggers, Jo Kramer from Jo's Country Junction, put out a call for "emergency quilt binders." Jo regularly takes in quilt tops from other volunteers, quilts them and then donates them to charity. She had fallen behind, so I was happy to volunteer to sew on a binding, as were a host of others. She only asked that we bind the quilt and donate it to a charity of our choice.
Here are LarryPug and Elvis showing off the finished quilt.
I brought the quilt with me on my Berkshire's Trip and put the binding on it. The quilt top was made by Jocelyn, who blogs at the Happy Cottage Quilter, quilted by Jo, and finished by me. Jo even provided the binding fabric.

My co-worker Chris is a single dad with two little girls. His youngest daughter, who will turn four this summer, was born with a heart condition. I've known Chris for 17 years and recently his team moved, so now our cubicles are adjacent to each other. We are "wall-mates", sharing a common wall. Chris is a good friend of mine, so I offered him the quilt for an upcoming auction for his favorite charity, It's My Heart New England. He accepted immediately and was touched by everyone's generosity who had contributed to the making of this quilt.
Here I am with Chris. He was thrilled with the donation. And now, everyone in my office wants to bid at the auction!
Thanks Jocelyn for making the top and thanks Jo for quilting it. I hope that It's My Heart New England raises a lot of money! I'm not sure when the auction will take place, but I'll keep you posted!

Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy
Here is the back of the quilt! Super cute cow print and some jazzy checks!

4 comments:

  1. Great quilt and a wonderful way for all of you to pay it forward. Hope it goes for a bundle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome story of contribution to a cause and teamwork! It's a lovely quilt to, everyone involved did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an awesome story of contribution to a cause and teamwork! It's a lovely quilt to, everyone involved did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, If you're ever in need of a binder, let me know. Especially for such a great cause!

    ReplyDelete