Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Rachel's Quilt is Finished!

Today I have a finished quilt to share with you! This quilt is a gift for my niece Rachel.
Hooray! Purple Neigh is finished. Yes, the quilt is named after Purple Rain by Prince. Thanks Marion for helping me hold up this very over-sized twin quilt.
The black and white horse blocks are machine embroidered. I purchased them from King's Treasures. I used ten designs from the 11 inch horse block collection. The quilt is a free pattern from Riley Blake's website called Bonnie Rose. Rachel's favorite color is purple, so it was a very fun quilt for me to work on because I like purple too! The quilting was done by my friend Kate Mitchell, who is a very talented long arm quilter.

Some more about the quilt here and here. Rachel is finishing up her first year in college at Cal Poly. She  absolutely loves school.
Here is my beautiful niece Rachel and her horse Ginger. Ginger has moved to Los Angeles and just won a blue ribbon with her new owner. Rachel is very involved with her studies and is just riding as a hobby instead of competing.
Linking up on Tuesday to Free Motion by the River. Linking up on Friday to Crazy Mom Quilts, Fort Worth Fabric Studio's Fabric Frenzy Friday and to Confessions of a Fabric Addict. Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

P.S. And how excited am I that Connie featured my post today on her Linky Tuesday blog party? Over the moon! Thanks Connie!

7 comments:

  1. What a cool quilt. Love the purples, and a great name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel must be pleased with her Purple Neigh quilt. Nicely done, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your feature and the quilt is beautiful! Love the horse embroideries and the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt is going to be soooo cherished by Rachel!! So sweet of you to make it for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize the black and white horses are all embroidered!! OMG!! They are so awesome....I keeping playing with the idea of upgrading to a embroidery machine...your creation tempts me even more

      Delete
  5. Saw that Connie had featured you! Yay! So cool. I REMEMBER this quilt! Lovely to see it finished and such a nice finish it is. Rachel will love this, and yay for a medal for Ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was thanks to your earlier posts about starting this quilt that I found out about the marvelous embroidered horse heads from Kings Treasures. I ordered some for myself and I am using them as the feature of a horse quilt for my grand-daughter Emma. Who incidently, is horse mad and dotes on her horses.

    Many thanks for sharing.

    Jenny from New Zealand

    ReplyDelete