Saturday, May 5, 2018

Swoon Quilt top is finished!

I finished the top of my Swoon Quilt at our retreat in RI last month. Here it is in all of it's glory.
I love the stained glass quality of the photo with the light shining in from the windows behind us. I think there are at least three Brown Bag quilters behind the quilt to hold it up. The tiny hand at the top of the photo belongs to Marion.
Oh yeah! The top is finished.
I added extra wide borders so that this beauty will fit on our bed. Now it is off to my friend Marie Coady for some custom machine quilting.

As a bonus, here is Baby Hazel on her new quilt. Grandma JJ is visiting Hazel in North Carolina. She hand carried the quilt down and took a photo for me. I think she is enjoying her trip to see her new grand daughter!
For all the dirt on my Swoon Quilt, read this post. Or if you want all the back story, use the Search Bar and type in Swoon Quilt. I started this beauty in 2013, so if you have old UFOs, don't despair, you may eventually finish them!

Swoon Quilt basics:
  • Pattern by Camille Roskelly
  • Kit from Waterwheel House Quilt Shop (BOM in 2013)
  • Fabric: Kaffe Fassett and Kona white
  • Size: about 96" square (I haven't measured). I think the pattern finished at 80-something square but I wanted this puppy to fit on my bed.
Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

5 comments:

  1. Cute baby quilt. Love your toes lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful quilt and one I've wanted to make since it made it's debut. SO pretty..maybe one day. What a sweet baby on a sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big blocks make big quilts! Your Swoon quilt is so pretty! It's going to look great quilted, too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Swoon quilt top, and it will be even more beautiful when you get it back from being custom quilted. Such a cute baby and quilt photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute baby on a sweet quilt. Love the swoon.

    ReplyDelete