Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Pugtastic Tuesday: The Fourth of July edition

Hello Dear Blogging Friends,

Sorry, it's been a while. In addition to my usual excuse of "I'm tired", we also had a broken Internet connection for a bit. While I'm still tired (a permanent state), our Internet has been fixed.

Last year at the gym, my trainer Mark pointed out that I did not have a pug-themed Fourth of July t-shirt. I remedied this immediately and now have two.
Here is Lady Liberty. I wore this one to the gym yesterday.
I will be wearing my Pug Flag t-shirt on Friday to the gym. Or maybe I'll wear it tomorrow...
Today I am thinking about my Grandpa Hyman. July 3rd was his birthday and he was very proud to be an American. Grandpa Hyman, was my Mom's Father, and his family emigrated from the Austrian-Hungarian empire, which eventually became Poland, when he was a young child of about 10. His Mom died before they left, so Grandpa and his youngest siblings were raised by their older siblings. I remember my Grandpa as a happy man who was always singing along to the radio and reading the Yiddish newspaper. He passed away when I was a senior in college, many years ago. Happy Birthday Grandpa Hyman!
I have probably shown you my Fourth of July pug flag before...
Look closely in my dark, back-lit photo and you'll see Caesar (curled up in the drop cloth) and Elvis (the black spot to the right of Caesar) supervising the painting of the kitchen. When I'm at work, the pugs are crated during the kitchen construction. I was meeting with the contractor before I left for the office.
LarryPug and Caesar hanging out at the bottom of our bed while I read a book.
An adorable selfie of Elvis and Mike that he took as a sweet surprise for me on my phone while I was otherwise occupied.
This week I promise to blog about: Dianne's quilt, my visit from Colette, and more kitchen progress, so come back soon!

Have a safe and Happy Fourth of July! Remember that fur babies HATE fireworks, so keep them  indoors.

Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. YES! Jackson is already starting to get skiddish as pre-fireworks begin. Happy Holiday Nanc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great 4th of July shirts. Awe I miss those faces in person. Pugs and kisses to Larry, Caesar, and Elvis!

    ReplyDelete