Friday, July 6, 2018

Turquoise quilt for Dianne

I finally finished a quilt project. Not my own project, but a UFO from 1996 started by my friend Dianne's Mom, who passed away last summer. I blogged about this project previously, here. I backed the top with polar fleece (Dianne's request) and stitched it in the ditch about every 8 inches with my walking foot. The quilt was eager to get out of the paper bag and it quilted like butter. I finished it with a wide binding made out of the border fabric. Even after 22 years, the turquoise and teals are still very pretty.
Here is Dianne with her finished quilt, only 22 years in the making...
Dianne was so pleased when I gave it to her. She posted it on her Facebook page and shared it with all her friends and family. We're having a heat wave right now, but I'm sure that she will put the quilt to good use this fall and next winter.

Thanks for visiting!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

1 comment: