Friday, October 11, 2013

In The Studio with Joannie and Sue

Monday night I hung out with Joannie and Sue. I finally got a photo of Sue's snack food quilt. It is just adorable. I'm not sure if this is the finished size or if Sue is making more rows. She has a great selection of novelty prints. I can't decide which one is my favorite. I may have to start my own collection of snack food prints. They are such fun!


Joannie was working on her favorite project: place mats. This set is a donation for a charitable auction to benefit a charity for the blind.

Veggie prints on the borders. What are the shiny things in the center?

Here, Joannie is setting hot fix crystals.

Look closely. The place mats say, "Eat Your Veggies" in Braille!
I think that Joannie is very clever (and generous)!

In case you would like to make some place mats, here is a link to a fun place mat pattern that I found at the Moda Bake Shop.


I was working on my Bali Bedrunner. My next class is in two weeks, so I continue to persevere.
I spent my evening pinning Unit CDS together.

Here is the finished unit.
I would not be able to get such sharp angles and curves without foundation piecing. I'm finding it very helpful to pin all my pieces. Although it may be an extra step, it helps me ensure accuracy.

Have a great day! My next blog post will be on last weekend's trip to NYC's Garment District...stay tuned.

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment