I'm sorry that you may have seen this quilt before but it is reappearing for an important reason. I am entering it in Amy's Creative Side's annual Blogger's Quilt Festival in the Bed Quilt Category. You can vote later this week from November 1st through November 7th on Amy's blog.
I love this quilt for so many reasons. First, I think it is one of the most gorgeous quilts that I have ever made. I love the ten colors of batik that radiate out from the center. I did NOT want to give this quilt away. This quilt was a wedding gift for my co-worker Anna. Anna has worked with me for 8 years. We are very close and I love her very much. We picked out the fabrics together when we were on a business trip, so I knew that the colors were exactly what she wanted. Even her husband was thrilled with the finished quilt and the two of them wrote me a beautiful thank you note.
- Size: 96"x108" (king size bed)
- Pattern: Blooming 9-Patch from the book, Traditions with a Twist by Blanche Young and Dalene Young-Stone
- Fabric: Batik
- Sewn by: Yours Truly, aka PugMom. It took about a year, working on it among other projects.
- Professionally Machine Quilted by Shirley Gammon from Blue Moose Quilting in Maine (no website unfortunately)
- Number of pieces: one zillion (or too many to count)
- Original blog post here. This post had 611 views and got 18 comments, which was monumental for me.
|Anna's Amazing Wedding Quilt. Joannie on the left, me on the right.|
|The very first stitches in Anna's quilt. May 2012.|
|From such humble beginnings...|
|It grew. |
It even went on vacation to Cape Cod with me, shown here on
the rug at Sue's Cape Cod house (Marion's daughter).
|Putting together the corner units.|
|Assembling in halves.|
|The finished top!|
Pugs and kisses,