Friday, October 25, 2013

Lord of the Rings

I am still plugging away at my Bali BedRunner. Progress has been slow, and I haven't allowed myself to work on anything else, despite the fact that whenever I go in the Studio, all the other projects cry out, "Work on me! Work on me!". Kind of like when the cookies are calling from the freezer...

I spent last weekend sewing with my girlfriends at our annual October weekend, and took only one photo, despite the fact that all of them were working on many different lovely projects. I couldn't stop sewing. I have my eyes on the prize.

Last night I finished these. They are Unit B. This represents a lot of work, but you can't tell. There are three in each stack, so now I have nine. Still more to make in two additional colorways.

This is the side that you sew from. Lots of instructions!

Lots of trimming
This is the one photo I took last weekend. My friend Valerie is
making this quilt. I love the three dimensional effect.

Here is a photo of the pattern. She bought it at Quiltique in Las Vegas.
My class is tomorrow. I've got my bag of M&M's packed. I need to try and squeeze in a couple of hours sewing today and make some more Unit A's. Hopefully, we will start to put the quilt together in class. Although this has been A LOT of work, I have enjoyed it (Joannie, not so much, Nancy D., on the fence).

For more about my Bali BedRunner, you can read previous posts, here and here.

Have a great day!

Linking up on Friday to Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Link a Finish Friday and CrazyMom Quilts.

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. My iPad is not letting me post a comment here... This is my 3rd try. It was longer and more eloquent the first 2 times, haha, but your quilt is coming along beautifully! I love the fabrics you chose and I can't wait to see it all put together!

    ReplyDelete