Sunday, October 13, 2013

Signs of Fall

Here in New England, I know it's Fall when the elusive pink dahlias begin to bloom. According to Ask.com, dahlias may begin to bloom as early as May (probably down South) and reach full blooming potential in August. I guess that mine didn't get the memo. Fortunately, our weather has been mild, and my dahlias are finally starting to bloom. I'm in love with this gorgeous pink one.



When my girlfriends and I went to New York City last weekend, we were treated to the most magnificent fall foliage on our drive through Connecticut. The pugs and I have been enjoying the pretty colors in the park where we go for our daily walk.


I love the colors in this tree!

LarryPug is resplendent amidst the fall foliage.

I bought the pugs new harnesses at Petco. They close with
a plastic buckle instead of a prong, so hopefully they will
be more secure. Don't they look cute?

My hydrangeas have turned a rusty red. Beautiful!
I would love to make this giant maple leaf quilt!

It is called Modern Maples. You can download the pattern for free on Lark Crafts' website here.

Have a wonderful day!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy


1 comment:

  1. Hey, that leaf quilt is nice. I have a huge gap in autumn quilts that I hope to remedy some time. Cute pugs. :)

    ReplyDelete