Friday, July 5, 2013

Sadie's Dream for a Cure

I finished my second tote bag for Sadie's Dream for a Cure this afternoon. I found this charity through another quilter's blog a few months ago. They are an organization that provides support for pediatric cancer patients.

They provide you with a fabric kit to make one tote bag and they ask you to make a second bag with your own fabric. I requested five kits and recruited several of my quilting buddies to help me out. Joannie, Marion, Toni and I made the eight bags below. My friend Sue is still working on her bags. She spends most of the summer at her beach house, so I won't bug her again until September. In the meantime, the bags below are going in the mail tomorrow.

If you would like to request a tote bag kit, contact Katherine at sadiesdreamforacure@gmail.com. You can also visit their website at http://www.sadiesdreamforacure.org/

Another project to check off my list! Yeah!


Hope you are having a great day! We are having a heat wave in Massachusetts (I think that it is day 4), so it is a great excuse to stay inside in air conditioned comfort and sew!

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

P.S. Linking up to Richard and Tanya Quilts, Crazy Mom Quilts, and Confessions of a Fabric Addict. Please consider making a tote bag for this worthy organization.

3 comments:

  1. How cute! What a great project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are sweet bags -what a great idea!! Thank you for sharing about this worthy organization! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete