Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Your Personal Fabric Shopper

I got a new job on Saturday. I became a personal shopper for quilting fabric. My first assignment came in at 8:30 am. My friend Pat called me from her beach cottage to ask if I would buy her a medley of gray fabric to make a quilt for her niece's wedding gift.

Is it a problem for me to buy fabric? Why, not at all. Joannie, Marion and I were headed to the Quilter's Stash that morning anyway (Pat had been invited, but opted for tanning instead), so off we went.

Thanks to the wonders of modern technology, I was able to instantly photograph and email two choices to Pat, so she could virtually select the fabric herself.

Fabric Medley, Option 1

Fabric Medley, Option 2
Pat is planning to make a low volume gray quilt, so she immediately selected Option 2, which happened to be from David Butler's Parson Gray fabric line. David Butler is Amy Butler's husband, and Amy Butler is Pat's favorite fabric designer, so I though this was pretty funny.

On a sadder note, Quilter's Stash is closing in the next few months, as owners Sue and Barry want to retire after 11 wonderful years of supplying my addiction. Everything is 25% off right now. The sale just started on Friday, July 5th, and there is plenty of lovely fabric left, even after a visit from Joannie, Marion and me.

We have a lot of great local quilt stores, but Quilter's Stash has been one of my favorites for a very long time. Sue stocks a huge number of Kaffe Fassett fabrics and Batiks, which are my two favorite kinds of fabric. She has wonderful samples on the wall. If you're in the Massachusetts area, it's worth a trip.

Quilter's Stash--you will be missed!

Let me know if you need any personal fabric shopping done...

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment