Tuesday, July 2, 2013

An unexpectedly productive week

Last week I finished a whole bunch of projects (to my surprise) and started two new ones as well! You saw my first new project here, a bargello wall hanging. While finishing five projects doesn't put a dent in my enormous list of unfinished projects, it did give me a sense of accomplishment.

Before I started the bargello wall hanging last Monday, I finished my first tote bag for Sadie's Dream for a Cure.

On Wednesday I cut out this little baby quilt and had the center assembled on Thursday. I originally bought the fabric to make pillowcases for my nephew Ben, but he's 11 now...

On Thursday night, I put together this fleece and flannel blanket which was a custom Etsy order for a customer in Australia who has a girlfriend in the US who is a New England Patriots fan. She loved it!

On Sunday, I made a reversible Star Wars fleece blanket. This is side 1.

This is side 2. This blanket was originally intended for my nephew Ben, but he doesn't like Star Wars anymore (and I only bought the fabric in January). I gave it to one of my coworkers for her little boy and he was absolutely thrilled with it!

On Sunday, I also put the binding on my Bento Box quilt, which was a birthday block in my quilt group back in 2006. It is a scrappy quilt done in various shades of greens paired with a coordinating floral. Marion and I picked the same colors and made extra blocks for each other, so she owns its twin (yes, hers was finished a while ago).

On Sunday I also machine quilted (in the ditch) Anna's baby quilt and put the binding on it last night. I need to get to the Post Office tomorrow! Anna's baby is due July 22nd!
It's a holiday week here in the United States since Thursday is the 4th of July. Tomorrow, we have a half day at work, so I'm planning to meet Carol at the Thai restaurant for lunch and go to the quilt shop next door. I took Friday off, so I'm hoping to sew all day.

What are you working on in your sewing room?

I am linking up with Freemotion by the River and My Quilt Infatuation.

Pugs and kisses,
Nancy

6 comments:

  1. cute baby quilt! I love those colors and that quilt will really grow with the baby!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

      :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

      Delete
  2. Love the baby quilt! Saw your blog from My Quilt Infatuation. Yay for productive weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one busy women! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Star Wars fleece blanket! I have a son who would love it and he's 28! Where did you find the fleece?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. You must be a fast worker. I'm plodding through a quilt for my 11 year old son and doing some Bee stuff.

    ReplyDelete